I am only conducting sessions via Teams, Facetime, WhatsApp or telephone during the virus outbreak. Face-to-face sessions will resume when the crisis is over and it’s safe to meet that way.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is concerned with protecting your personal data. This document explains how I try to adhere to that.
Information I Collect Contains Your –
• Name • Age • Email/postal address • Telephone number • Session Notes •Emails/Texts •GDPR Agreement/Digital Policy and our agreement • Address • Occupation •GP details •Difficulties • Counselling History • Medical conditions relevant to counselling •Prescribed medication • Session notes
I store your Personal Information
•In Gmail •Whatsapp •SMS •Dropbox •Evernote •Microsoft 365
I store your data on a cloud/ Smart phone/tablet and laptop. It’s accessible via password and/or fingerprint. I keep session notes to enhance our work. Contact is viamy mobile or landline.
How I Process/Share your Information
- I have supervision with another therapist in line with my ethical obligation. To protect your privacy, she also complies with GDPR and will not know you personally.
- Disclosures in the public interest are made where 1), it’s essential to prevent a serious and imminent threat to public health, 2) national security, 3) the life of the individual or a third party, or 4) to prevent or detect serious crime.
Other reasons for disclosure
- I do not share your information unless I have concerns about your mental health and need to contact your GP or where legally required by The Crown Prosecution Service.
- Disclosures in the public interest are made where this is essential to 1) prevent a serious and imminent threat to public health, 2) national security, 3) the life of the individual or a third party, or 4) to prevent or detect serious crime.
- If I become aware of your intent to cause harm through an act of terrorism, the law requires that I inform the authorities without seeking your permission. In such situations, I am legally bound to share your personal information without your knowledge.
Email and Calendar Privacy, Security and Confidentiality
I use Gmail and Microsoft 365. They assure the public they are GDPR compliant. However, please be aware that all emails are retained in the logs of Internet Service Providers, andCloud printing over my network passes through GDPR compliant servers. If you are concerned about the confidentiality of your emails, you may prefer to contact me by telephone.
- Emails may be vulnerable to viruses, unintended forwarding, replication, or human error. For this reason, it is best to rely on email for non-confidential communications like setting up appointment times etc. I recommend that we keep confidential and psychological material “in the room”
- You are asked at booking if you agree to being invited to the calendar reminder.
- To be told what information I hold about you
- To see the information
- To rectify any inaccurate or incomplete personal information
- To withdraw consent to me using your personal information.
- To request that I delete your personal information (although I can decline if I need to retain it in line with insurance or legal purposes)
- All of the above are free of charge)
- I retain your written information for up to 7 years after we end in case you decide to return to counselling, to comply with my insurance and in the unlikely event that there could be legal action. After this time, I will shred the written information. I delete your contact details after 1 year.
- Other Agencies
•My bank account for BACS Payments • Payacontact • Stripe • Sumup payments • Calendly • Facetime • Whatsapp • Microsoft Teams • My Accountant If you pay me or contact me using any of the above methods, there is a record of your name and account details within those servers. These companies are also required to be GDPR compliant. My accountant is also bound by confidentiality.
My full policy is sent to you at the time of booking.
I do not collect any information about you via my website. Messages left on either of my ansafones are only accessed by me so are confidential. Please be aware that it’s best not to email sensitive personal information. Instead you might like to take advantage of the free 15 minute telephone/video consultation I offer.
Any posts you submit to the comments sections are checked before being posted.